пʼятниця, 24 березня 2017 р.

Текст для аудіювання Work

Work
Interviewer: The pupils in year 11 of Sutton High School haven’t been at school for the last two weeks. They’re been doing work experience. They’ve been working in factories, shops, banks, hotels and other local workplaces. Work experience shows young people what life is like in the world of work, and it can also help to choose a career. Here, some of the pupils are talking about their experiences.
Interviewer: What did you do, Carol?
Carol: I worked in the Midland Hotel, you know, the big hotel near the station.
Interviewer: I see, and what sorts of things did you have to do?
Carol: Well, for the first two days I worked with the chambermaids and helped to clean the rooms – you know, making the beds, sweeping the floors and so on.
Interviewer: Did you enjoy it?

Carol: Oh, yes, it was good fun. And the other chambermaids were a good laugh.
Interviewer: And what did you do after that?
Carol: For the last three days I worked at the reception desk, but I dint enjoy that as much.
Interviewer: Why not?
Carol: Well, you can’t relax, because you’ve got to look smart and smile all the time. But it was OK.
Interviewer: Do you think you would like to work in a hotel when you go out to work?
Carol: No, I don’t think so. I’m not very good at dealing with people and you have to work very long hours. I don’t think I’d like that.
Interviewer: Thank you, Carol. What about you, Mike? What did you do?
Mike: I worked in a clothes shop.
Interviewer: What sorts of things did you have to do there?
Mike: The first day I was just going around with one of the other shop assistants. His name was Jeff. He showed me what to do.
Interviewer: Did you enjoy it?
Mike: Yes, it was great. I learnt a lot.
Interviewer: Was there anything you didn’t like?
Mike: Well, there was a lot of standing around. My feet really hurt after the first day. You see, at school we sit down most of the time, but in the shop I had to stand up.
Interviewer: Would you like to work in a clothes shop when you leave school?
Mike: Yes, I think so. I enjoy meeting people. So, yes.

Interviewer: Thank you very much.

Немає коментарів:

Дописати коментар